Thursday, November 27, 2008

If we don't eat turkey, do we call it Ham Day?

Happy Thanksgiving!




You can probably guess what this blog is going to be about: what I'm thankful for....well, you're right, so let's just get down to it.

First, I'm thankful for my kids. They are so cute and so sweet and I would rather eat them than a turkey. Andrew a few weeks ago answered a question in Primary (I don't remember the question) with a very self-assured "Yeah, but I'm complicated." Then when asked what is something that is bad for our bodies, Raven replied with a very serious "Don't eat ants." I can safely say that he gives very good advice and I will not allow these tiny black creatures to grace my table ever again. And of course, there's Analena who was in the hospital recently but was cured by the help of Ice, my magical bear that stayed with her while she was sick. Lauren, she's so dang cute, sang at the top of her lungs during the Primary program so that her mom - and everyone else in the chapel - could hear her...me sitting next to her egging her on probably wasn't the best thing to do. Of course, then we have Savannah who is the cutest little thing ever! She is always happy to see me and sits on my lap every week. Giovanni, the little ninja man, is very proud to be four and he'll let you know it too. And we can't forget David who is very sweet and such a good older brother. They are all so adorable, I love them all and they make it worth going to church every Sunday.

Next, I am thankful for my education. There are way too many people that go through life without caring if they know the difference between there and their, how to add fractions, or even something as simple as doing the laundry. I may not be up with all the fads and the latest "in" thing but at least I can walk out of my house in the morning and be able to carry on decent conversations with complete sentances and proper grammer. I'm not going to be completely dependant on a calculator or computer to do my work for me, heaven for bid we ever had a Handmaid's Tale moment. I'm also thankful that I've been raised right, with respect, dignity and moral values. There are enough loose men and women walking around, enough middle school snots that are rude and disrespectful, I can only thank heaven (and my parents of course) for raising me better than that.

I'm thankful for true friends, not the ones you talk to out of convenience but the ones that stick to you no matter what, even if thousands of miles of earth and ocean seperate you. Without my true friends, I know I wouldn't have gotten this far in life, not that I would have done anything drastic, but I would still be that quiet, shy girl that everyone would use for their own gain. My friends pushed me to get my own opinion, to defend myself, to not let people walk all over me. They helped me see that I am a person and I have every right to be a person.

Now, I'm thankful for being a woman. I'm a smexy, curvy, beautiful woman. Those skinny, skanky wannabe girls can just go to Hell because that's all they are, fake, wannabe, girls. I am a woman and more women in the world should be proud of who they are. I'm not going to let someone else tell me what a woman is supposed to be or look like. I'm thankful for the way I am and gosh dang it, I'm too smexy to worry about what others think. So, here's to all the smexy, beautiful, real women in the world. Live it up ladies, because it doesn't get any better than this. And just think, it could be worse, we could be men.

Of course, I'm also thankful for my family, Mom, Dad, Aimee and Kaitlyn, they are just as awesome as me and I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm thankful for my grandparents, I love them and miss them sooooo bad. I'm thankful for my talents and for living here in Italy. I'm thankful for.....well let's just cut this short and say everything that I've been given. And of course, I'm thankful for my monkies. Because it just isn't life without my monkies.


No comments: